At Airedale Junior School we learn:
Our curriculum for computing is broken down into 4 main areas. They are:
We cover a variety of these areas as we progress through the school.
Look at what we learn in computing ...
Famous In This Field:
Steve Paul Jobs was born in San Francisco, California on February 24th, 1955. One of Steve's favourite hobbies growing up, was working with electronics in his garage with his dad. They would take apart electronics like radios and then put them back together. When he was thirteen, Jobs met eighteen-year-old Steve Wozniak.
- In 1976, they began making computers in Jobs' garage. Jobs was just 21 years old at the time.
- In 1986, Jobs purchased a graphics company for $10 million. He changed the name of the company to PIXAR.
- Steve introduced the iPod music player and iTunes music software.
- In 2007, Apple introduced the iPhone, which changed the way phones were used and took the mobile phone market by storm.
- Jobs was considered by many to be one of the great innovators of the 2000s.
- Steve Jobs died on October 5th, 2011 from pancreatic cancer
Computing: Further Information & Links: