Headteacher - Miss K Robinson , Fryston Road, Castleford, West Yorkshire, WF10 3EP
Aspire, Believe, Achieve
CHRISTIANITY - JUDAISM - ISLAM - BUDDHISM - SIKHISM - HINDUISM
Look at what we learn in RE...
FAMOUS IN THIS FIELD
Queen Elizabeth II is the Supreme Governor of the Church of England, an Anglican/Episcopalian church. She is also an honorary member of the Church of Scotland, a Presbyterian church.
AT AJS WE LEARN...
RELIGION - OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES ARE...
Airedale Junior School is a state school whereby the predominant religion in our community is Christian. The emphasis in our teaching of Religious Education is Christianity, whilst we also teach aspects of Islam, Sikhism, and Judaism.
It is our aim to:
• To develop knowledge and understanding of Christianity and other principal religious traditions represented in Great Britain.
• To develop understanding of the ways in which beliefs influence people and their behaviour, practices and their communities.
• To reflect on, deepen and clarify their own experiences, values and beliefs and those of others.
• To develop an awareness of fundamental questions about life arising from human experience and how religious beliefs and practices can relate to them.
• To recognise the right of people to hold diverse beliefs and values and to develop positive attitudes of respect towards other people.