At Airedale Junior School we learn:
At Airedale Junior School, English is embedded into the whole curriculum. Through developing language and the written word, we equip children with the skills they need to confidently carry them along their learning journey.
We support the children to:
- Develop their reading and listening comprehension skills.
- Develop their understanding of and ability to write a wide range of text types including fiction, poetry and non-fiction texts.
- Develop a secure understanding of grammar and punctuation.
- Develop their ability to understand spelling rules and apply their spelling across the curriculum.
- Develop their handwriting skills with the aim that the majority of children will have a fluent and cursive writing style by Year 3.
- Develop their spoken language skills in order to speak confidently and appropriately in a range of contexts and to a range of audiences.
Look at what we have been learning in English:
Famous In This Field:
Struan Murray is Scottish and grew up in Edinburgh, the youngest of a large, rowdy family of redheads. He has a PhD in genetics and is now a lecturer in biochemistry at the University of Oxford.
Orphans of the Tide is his first novel, published by Puffin February 20th 2020. He is an exciting new author.
English: Further Information & Links: