Who Are Our School Councillors?
What Do Our School Councillors Do?
- Our School Council meets on a regular basis.
- We help school make decisions by giving them feedback from children within our classes.
- We introduced new treats for the class treat boxes.
- We've organised events to raise money for school to spend on improving resources around school.
- We organise events to help raise money for charity
Our Charity Events:
- 2020 saw us selling buns within our class bubbles for Macmillan Nurses. We raised a fantastic £222 for this amazing charity.
- Local Food Bank - We collected a range of food products to donate to our local food bank at harvest time.
- British Legion Poppy Sales - due to covid restrictions we could not sell poppies this year. Instead we sent each class instructions to make their own poppies and signposted parents to make a donation on the Royal Legion website.
- Children in Need - This year we raised £258 by dressing up in our pyjamas.
- Wear a Hat Day - we raised an amazing total of £230 which was sent to the Brain Tumour Awareness Charity.
- In March, school council sold red noses in class for Red Nose Day. We sold out of noses and raised £522.57. One pupil was very pleased to find a rare, gold nose!
We've Introduced a New Reward System To School!
School councillors have introduced a new rewards system. We have chosen a number of prizes. To receive a prize, students need to collect stickers as rewards. The stickers are put on bookmarks, as each bookmark is filled a prize can be chosen. The rewards chosen by the School Council are as below.